Our world online changes quickly. It can be difficult for business owners and marketers to stay current on the items needed to grow and promote their business.
Because of this we composed a list of ten, easy ‘must-do’ marketing tips that are critical to a company’s success online.
Ready, set, GO!
1. When it comes to website content, always think about the end user. What kind of content are they interested in and what is the goal of the content? You want to be sure your content is keyword rich and that the title captures the viewer’s attention. Make sure your content is written in a way that is conducive to skimming such as bullet points or summary headers throughout the article.
2. With PPC conversions are essential! Since you know these website visitors are already actively searching for your services and you are paying for them to come to your site, focus on results! (Phone calls, forms completed, emails, etc.) Don’t just measure traffic and impressions when measuring the success of a PPC campaign.
3. Most websites convert at 3-5%. So what about the other 97% of your website visitors? Retargeted display ads allow you to put you message back in front of previous site visitors with a visual image, further reinforcing your brand to a potential customer.
4. Social media is the number one activity online. According to ComScore, 1 out of every 5 minutes online is spent on social networks. If your business doesn’t have a social media strategy, then it’s time to get one!
5. One of the best ways to increase a YouTube video’s rank quickly is to add a title that includes the keyword of the service and the geography you’re looking to target. Then be sure you add a description that is keyword rich and that you tag the video with relevant keywords. Lastly, make sure your video is set to ‘public’. If you want to go the extra mile, embed the video on your website or blog. Within minutes of posting your video, you can have top rankings in search engines.
6. Facebook Ads allow you to target a very specific local demographic. When users create a Facebook account, they add great information including their age, location and interest. Facebook ads zero-in on your ideal audience so that you can promote your website, specials, Facebook posts or grow Facebook Likes.
7. If you only had 30 seconds to let a web visitor know who you are, what you do, and what you want ‘them’ to do, how would it affect your site’s content and layout? How would you engage users? A strong call to action, bullet points, crisp imagery and clean-uncluttered navigation are all key in homepages that produce results.
8. Fresh, current content is great for search engines. This gives search engines a reason to keep coming back to your website and indexing (ranking) your content. But it also gives your customers and potential customers a reason to keep coming back to your website.
9. Don’t get stuck on the idea that all videos must be professionally created. People enjoy authentic videos, which means not every word or action has to be perfect. Pull out a smartphone and easily create a video. As long as you have good content in the video, you’ll be pleased with the results!
10. The more your online content is ‘shared,’ ‘liked,’ ‘retweeted,’ ‘commented on’ and interacted with, the more search engines love and reward you with rankings. Those rankings allow people searching for your services to quickly connect with your company having a huge impact on your business.
Need additional help with your online marketing? Contact us to schedule a consultation.